March 1, 2009

Sum philosophy

My past passed before me
As I re-read my journals,
And distance though not distant
(Or was it age?)
Has given the gift, the light
Which is new and fresh and strong.

We are not the bad guys
Doing damage and wrecking ourselves,
But ordinary horsemen
Finding our ways through brush
Of our planting, tearing at us
As though strong comes of strength shown.

The good days were some bad
And glad, and sad
As scared we trampled
Ourselves to discover we learn.
Mere children, just larger.

Age and change shows in my mirror.
I must be about my business
And you
And yours as I pass this night
Alone and wanted
To the promise of dawn that
Only the reflective shall see
As I defined it for any this season.

Peace is
fulfilling those dreams of a lifetime
in incremental fashion
in their time:
to be who you are not
without apology
(as I release the anger and sadness inside me).

What counts is the solitary journey
and how well you travel and improve
against where you started.
They may pass you on the highway,
But they're not going where you are.

And too, every site has its solar application.

The didactic lives in the hearts of those who care,
And forgiveness two.

[Christmas 1988, originally titled Reflection]